Subsidised Satellite Scheme
By the end of 2016, around 90% of Herefordshire and Gloucestershire will have access to fibre broadband services. However, we aim to ensure that 100% of premises are at least capable of accessing a minimum of 2Mbps and Fastershire will do this by using alternative technologies.
We understand that there are homes and businesses where less than 2Mbps just doesn't offer the bandwidth needed to do activities that are important to day to day life, so we've been working closely with satellite companies to make satellite solutions available in Herefordshire & Gloucestershire which exceed that speed.
The subsidy amounts to £400 in all instances with the providers and they have broken this up so either the install is free or reduced with a corresponding discount on the monthly charge and all with a 12 month contract. All offers are based on 20Mbps download speed with 6Mbps upload, with a 10GB cap per month on data.
This is available to residents and businesses in Cheltenham, Gloucester and Hereford as well as the rest of Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.
If you think you would benefit from a satellite connection, you can start the process now by following the process and registering below.
What’s the process?
- Review the satellite providers and their products, please click here.
- Start the process now by registering here
- If you are eligible, Fastershire will send you a unique order code
- Using the order code, place an order for a satellite with your chosen provider
- Your chosen provider will arrange installation and will claim the installation cost from Fastershire
- And you’re ready to go!
For more information about the subsidised satellite scheme or to register, please click here.